Experienced IP attorney representing corporate clients across a wide range of technologies, in all aspects of acquiring, managing, and exploiting intellectual property.
IP Counsel for Halliburton Energy Services, Inc., with responsibility for multiple business lines providing upstream Oil & Gas services, including Patent Acquisition, Litigation, Licensing Transactions, and more.
General Counsel and Patent Counsel for International Mezzo Technologies, Inc., a company specializing in heat transfer and management solutions for automotive, aerospace, and electromechanical systems, using microfabrication techniques to provide high performance at low-weight and volume.
Operations Engineer at Sematech, Inc., a research consortium of semi-conductor manufacturers, responsible for testing and qualifying next generation processing equipment to make the transition to 300mm wafers.
- J.D., University of Texas School of Law (2001) - With Honors, Presidential Scholarship
- B.S.M.E., Louisiana State University, (1994) - Tau Beta Pi, Chancellor’s Alumni Fellowship, Pegues Fellowship
- State Bar of Texas
- State Bar of Louisiana
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- U.S. District Courts - Western District of Louisiana
- U.S. District Courts - Middle District of Louisiana
- Intellectual Property Litigation
- Patent Office Trials
- Patent Acquisition
- Strategic IP Counseling & Portfolio Management
- Licensing, Monetization & Technology Transactions
- Trade Secrets
Technologies & Industries
- Consumer Products
- Electronics & Robotics
- Electrical and Computer Technology
- Financial Services
- Industrial Machinery and Heavy Engineering
- Materials Science and Engineering
- Medical Device
- Oil & Gas
- Semiconductor and Integrated Circuits
Continental Automotive GmbH – U.S. patent application filings and prosecution in automotive technologies.
Siemens AG – U.S. patent application filings and prosecution in medical equipment, automotive, and building automation technologies.
Microchip Technology Incorporated – U.S. patent application filings and prosecution in semiconductor and microcontroller technologies.
Dell – U.S. patent application filings and prosecution in computing technologies.
Covidien Ltd. – domestic and international patent application preparation and prosecution in medical device technologies.
Volkswagen AG – U.S. patent application filings and prosecution in automotive technologies.
EnLink Technologies – U.S. patent portfolio enforcement related to geothermal heat exchanger technology, including district court litigation and interference proceedings before the U.S. Patent & Trademark Office.
Applica Consumer Products – ITC patent enforcement litigation related to automated litter box technology.
State Farm – U.S. Trademark enforcement and NPE patent litigation defense related to insurance trademark and technology.